Tubal Ligation Reversal

Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Getting Tubes Untied Through Reverse Tubal Ligation

Reverse tubal ligation (tubal ligation reversal) is a procedure to get tubes untied for women who desire a pregnancy after tubal ligation. There are actually several procedures that can be used to untie tubes.

The three most common tubal ligation reversal techniques are tubal anastomosis, tubal implantation, and salpingostomy. These procedures are used to reverse several different types of tubal ligations, including ligation/resection, coagulation, fimbriectomy and tubal clips or rings. At Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center the cost of reverse tubal ligation is $5,900.

Do You Want a Baby after Tubal Ligation?

One of over 1000 babies born after reverse tubal ligation by Dr. BergerThe Doctor Who Unties Tubes

Dr. Gary Berger is a tubal reversal doctor who specializes exclusively in procedures to untie tubes. Dr. Berger created the first and only tubal reversal clinic - Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center. This is the best place to get tubes untied for women who want another baby after tubal ligation.

Why Untie Tubes?

One of the questions Dr. Berger asks his patients is what made them decide to have their tubes untied. In answering this question, women describe the circumstances which led them to want another child after tubal ligation. Most cases involve divorce and remarriage. Often the husband has no children, and the couple would like to have a family of their own. Some couples already have children together but realize that having a tubal ligation was a decision that they regret. Death of a child, religious considerations, and the desire to relieve symptoms of “Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome” are other reasons for wanting to get tubes untied.

Pregnancy After Tubes Tied

Although there are many websites that discuss reverse tubal ligation, information about success rates is often lacking or stated in general terms. To make a fully informed decision about tubal reversal, women should have specific and accurate statistics about pregnancies regarding a doctor’s own patients rather than a general statistic taken from some other source. Otherwise, it has little meaning.

Tubal Reversal Center Pregnancies

Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center provides information each week about pregnancies after tubal reversal procedures performed by Dr. Berger. Whenever one of Dr. Berger’s patients becomes pregnant, they can submit a Pregnancy Report Form to alert the Tubal Reversal Center staff of their pregnancy. This enables Dr. Berger and his nurses to monitor the results of the Early Pregnancy Protocol that is recommend by Dr. Berger.

Each week, the new pregnancy reports are tabulated and listed in the Weekly Pregnancy Reports forum on the Tubal Reversal Message Board. During this past week, there were 20 new pregnancies reported by Dr. Berger’s tubal reversal patients. This is more than reported in a year by most doctors who perform tubal reversal procedures! Additional information about the new pregnancies is shown in the Pregnancy Announcements section of the Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center website. A complete statistical analysis of the outcome of all tubal reversals is published as the Tubal Reversal Study Report each year.

Conclusion

By establishing a medical facility exclusively for tubal reversal procedures that untie tubes, following up on all patients who have had a reverse tubal ligation, and publishing their pregnancy statistics, Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center has set a new standard for other doctors who provide tubal reversal services to follow.

2 Responses to “Do You Want a Baby after Tubal Ligation?”

  1. Rhonda Brown RN Says:

    I am glad that Dr. Berger provides the information that he does in regards to tubal reversal surgery and the positive effects that it can have on a womans life. The pregnancy statistics that Dr. Berger keeps as well as the testimonials that are published allows women to see that there is hope after tubal ligation.

  2. Julia Smith RN Says:

    Many of the women who contact us feel they are the only person to ever decide to untie their tubes. It may be helpful for them to know that we hear from hundreds of women each week who have changed their minds and now desire to have another baby after a tubal ligation. This blog page provides good information on the many reasons that a woman might make this decision.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm 22 yrs old an i got my tubes tied ayear ago ,,, an i regret it soo bad ,, i want to have another baby jus one more , an i don'tknow what to do ...

Anonymous said...

I'm 28 yrs old and I got my tubes tied when I was 21. I am a mother of 3 so I thought it was the right thing to do. I recently experienced a relationship break up because he wanted a baby and I could not give him one, what can I do to be able to afford this surgery, does medicaid cover it?

victoria said...

I'AM 27 A MOTHER OF 3 CHILDREN.I GOT MY TUBES TIED AT 21 & THOUGHT THAT WAS ALL.I'AM IN A REALTIONSHIP WITH MY MAN THAT DOESN'T HAVE ANY CHILDREN.I WANNA HAVE A 4TH CHILD BEFORE I'AM 30.DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE?WOULD I HAVE TO PAY IN ADVANCE OR COULD I PAY MONTHLY PAYMENTS?

Anonymous said...

I'am 30 Years old and I have 3 most beautiful children in the world. I just Recently got married to the best man, father, friend ext.My husband never had any children of his own, even though he's never asked me to give him any kids just because he's raising mins. I think its time for me to surprise him with the news that we are expecting a baby because we love each other. This is going to be the best news i can give my husband. These are the facts: I have three C-sections & the doctor asked me If i wanted to get operated, I answered yes, I was only 21 at that time never through my mind I thought I wolud leave this man. I did and now I doing my research on how to get pregnant again. Can I get pregnant again & how? Please help me with this matter. Thanks Jessica

Unknown said...

Jessica your c-sections are not a problem and at age 30 you will have a good chance of becoming pregnant after a successful tubal ligation reversal. The first step to determine whether tubal reversal surgery is the best option for you is obtain the operative report from your tubal ligation. You may call Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal center for a free consultation - (919) 968-4656.

Anonymous said...

I would like to know if anyone has any info on medicaid coverage after getting a reverse done. Would the pregnancy and the child be covered? If i qualify by everyother standard. Or would having the reverse disqualify me?

Unknown said...

Jessica Medicaid should cover the child and a pregnancy but Medicaid does not cover elective surgery such as tubal reversal. For patients interested in long-term payment arrangements, however, we offer a pre-payment plan. With the pre-payment option, patients can pre-pay the surgical fee without interest prior to the surgery date. To utilize this option, a non-refundable $250 fee is mailed to us at: Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center, 109 Conner Drive, Suite 2200, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514. At that point, an account is opened in your name and payments of any amount are made as you are able - for as long as you wish. For the standard fee of $6900, you do not have to wait until the balance is paid to schedule surgery - you can schedule at any time with a $250 down payment. The balance is due at least three weeks prior to the surgery date. You may receive either of our discounted fees while using the pre-payment plan, but the balance must be paid in full prior to scheduling surgery. http://www.tubal-reversal.net/tubal_reversal_pre_payment.htm

Anonymous said...

I am a 47 year old mother of 2 who would love to have another baby but I had my tubes tied 26 years ago how likely would my chances be for this to be a success. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

tntsteele said...

I am 27 years old and a mother of 3. I tied my tubes when I was 21 and badly regret it I regreted it the moment that I did. My ex husband really wanted me to do it and I unfortantly listened. I am remarried and we want more children my paper work states that
I had a bilateral partial salpingectonmy done and that the portion with the suture measures 1.0 cm in length by 0.4 cm in diameter and it says a serial sections reveal a pinpoint lumen entirely submitted as "B". so my question is what are my chances to have a reversal work for me and be able to have more children?

julie c oliver said...

I had a reversal back in 2007 I got pregnant with my son 9 months later and we are execpting a girl this May. So even though it left me with one bad tube and we had to take out loans to do it, it was worth every penny