Tubal Ligation Reversal

Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Fallopian Tube Length After A Tubal Ligation Procedure

The average fallopian tube is 10cm - 11cm in length prior to the sterilization procedure. Typically, around 0.5cm to 3cm is removed during a tubal ligation. Depending on the amount of tube removed, the tubes may be 4cm - 8cm in length after Dr. Berger performs the tubal reversal procedure. Based on the extensive follow-p study conducted by Dr. Berger at Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center, two out of three women with the ligation and resection procedure (tubal ligation) will become pregnant after reversal surgery with Dr. Berger. With more than 30 years of experience performing tubal reversal surgery, Dr. Berger is able to repair the tubes in 98% of cases and has had patients report pregnancies with tubes as short as 1.5cm.



Posted by suzanneingod (Member # 11558) on November 06, 2007 03:29 PM:

Got my medical report evaluated today thanks Rhonda for emailing me. I had the pomeroy, he removed 1.0 cm on one side and .5cm on the other. So my question is how long are tubes generally and how long will they be after the reversal? I am so excited I have never been this excited about surgery. I could do cartwheels if I thought my kids wouldn't freak out.

Suzanne
TL 1997
TR ~soon~

Posted by Simonsen6 (Member # 10172) on November 06, 2007 03:44 PM:

Suzanne
I too had the pomeroy stle of Tl on Dec 2000- I just had my Tr March 2007 and I ended up with 5.5 & 5.0 lenghts- still trying for that BFP but at least I am in the game now-

Congrats on choosing Dr. Berger- he is seriously the best!!!! YOU won't have any regrets- Good luck and wishing you long healthy tubes!!!!

Lots of Love,
Becki

Posted by Brandi (Member # 3653) on November 06, 2007 03:48 PM:

Hi Suzanne, I also had the pomeroy and 1.5 removed on both sides. I've read that tubes average 10 cm before TL, as for how long they will be after TR, is hard to say. I think it depends on how much scaring etc and how much Dr B has to remove to repair the tubes. I'm sure one of the nurses and other ladies will chime in with more helpful info. Goodluck to you!

Brandy
Posted by Sarah Meacham, RN (Member # 9766) on November 06, 2007 04:57 PM:

Hi Suzanne,

Brandy is correct - the average Fallopian tube (before a tubal ligation) is about 10cm. It is hard to predict how long tubes will be after reversal surgery, since Dr. Berger will not know exactly how much damage was done to the tubes until he is performing the surgery.

I'm glad to hear you are so excited about surgery - please let us know if you have any other questions and also when you are ready to schedule your surgery!

Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello all! I had a tubal in 2007 after my second child was born. I am now remarried and wanting another child. I just received my medical records so I can get my tubal reversed. The report said that 3 cm was removed on each tube. What are my chances of a tubal reversal and getting pregnant again?
Thanks, Sharah