Tubal Ligation Reversal

Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Wonderful Surgery Experience

Dear Dr. Berger & Staff,

Just wanted to take this opportunity while sending back my feedback sheet to thank you all so much for making our surgery experience so wonderful. I must say that when we first found the clinic the day before my surgery for my consult, we were surprised by the small appearance of the building. My husband & I expected a big sprawling clinic/hospital looking place. But once we entered into the reception area we were at ease. The receptionist was very kind & took a picture of us together so Dr. Berger would be able to “put a face with the name”. I thought that was great, that he thought enough of his patients to do that. We sat in the waiting area looking at & reading all the pictures of new babies & hundreds of thank you’s & blessings.

All the staff there at your clinic are very professional, patient & wonderfully friendly. I never spoke to one nurse who didn’t ask me if I had questions or concerns & they are all so fully capable of their jobs. Jennifer was the first one I had contact with via telephone when I first called to see about the procedure, processes & payment. She spoke with me a good while & never asked me to hold on and was very patient with all my questions. Rhonda was also when I had to call back a few days later about my blood work. My husband & I were very impressed with the whole setup of the clinic given our first outside impression. Everything was so organized, clean & efficient which made us less nervous & more comfortable. I liked the way you have the gown/robe packets put together in the bathroom where we change and the map to pin where everyone is from. That was really interesting to us to see where so many people have come from to your clinic. The recliners were comfortable to sit in & I thought it was a nice touch having the refrigerator with refreshments for the patients & partners.

When it was time for me to go back to surgery the nurses were so kind & it helped me to relax so much. I loved that the operating table was heated. Jan was with me & she massaged my arms & legs & kept me covered up so as not to “reveal” myself while I was positioning onto the table. That was very thoughtful & I barely remember anything else from then. I went right out with the ladies explaining to me what was going on..

When I woke up in recovery everyone was very attentive to myself & my husband. They even printed out some of the instructions in Spanish so my husband could read it himself & they would be sure he also knew what I needed to have for the next week or so after my surgery. We also think that the whole setup your clinic has with the hotel Sheraton was a great convenience. They were very helpful with giving me a room closest to the elevator so I would not have to walk too far after surgery & providing the shuttle bus for the drive to & from the clinic was one less thing to worry about with making sure you know how to get there & traffic. They also provided a little care package of food for after my surgery. The anesthetist’s were also very patient & informative along with Dr. Berger who was very patient with our questions & never made us feel he was rushing to get to the next patient. Laura, the nurse who came & checked on me at the hotel the day after was very nice & called to check on me at home also. Even Kathy, the nurse who did my ultrasound was great & gave me a copy picture to take to my doctor about a possible concern. All these things combined have made this a very wonderful experience & be rest assured that anyone I know who is looking to have this procedure done will be recommended to Dr. Berger & his great staff!!

I first found out about your clinic when I was researching tubal reversals via internet & came across your website. It was very straightforward, easy to understand & I liked reading some of the testimonials. Hopefully we will soon be sending out baby announcements ourselves. You will be some of the first to know. Thank you again & may God bless you all as you are blessing so many!

Sincerely,
Kathy & Joel C.

No comments: