Tubal Ligation Reversal

Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Choosing The Right Tubal Reversal Doctor

Tubal Reversal Message Board discussion about choosing the right doctor for tubal reversal surgery is summarized with this message: "Experience, cost, statistics, bed-side manner.... pick it... decide what criteria you want to use to judge the options on... Dr. Berger will come out on top EVERY TIME!".

----------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Thibgirl0028 (Member # 10944) on April 25, 2007 10:52 PM:

I have been researching seems like forever to find the right Dr and i keep coming back here but I am not to safe with that idea I just wish someone can tell me the choices of why Dr Berger he seems wonderful but so confused Helppppppppppppppppppppp. I just need some help on deciding I want to get it done as soon as possible but need the Right Dr

or please u can email me at thibgirl0028@aol.com thanx yall r life savers i am tired of researching I want to hear good and bad

----------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Hospicegurl (Member # 10548) on April 25, 2007 11:17 PM:

I hope someone can chime in on this and help you! I haven't done the TR yet. But everytime I looked up anything about it just keep coming back to him the nurses is really great that I do know they will answer any question for you as best as they can.

I think the pregnancy rate speaks for Dr.Berger all in its self.

----------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Dreamweaver (Member # 9903) on April 25, 2007 11:40 PM:

I have checked out both Dr.s and I could tell you what I didn't like about the other Dr but I'd rather tell you what I do like about Dr. Berger. He does 4 TR's a day 5 days a week. He has done nothing but TR's for years Has done over 5,000 TR's
He has published numerous medical journals and some books specifically related to TR's His office makes each of us feel special while at Chapel Hill.
Did you do a wikipedia search? It even has him listed in the definition They followup with us, especially through email or phone WHENEVER we have a question or concern. He has been known to fix other issues while performing the TR.
He has a high success rate of repairing most TR's and he lays it on the line with what you can expect once your in recovery for your TTC future.

I know it's confusing because you have the choices between two Dr.s Whichever Dr. you decide to go with, it's needs to be your choice. I made my choice and I am glad of the choice I made. PS I am a lurker on the other board, so I see alot of what happens between the Dr.s operations and honestly, Dr. B I believe was the better choice for ME.

I'm probably missing other important points about Dr. B but I'm sure others will chime in and let you know how they feel about Dr. B.
Good Luck with whichever Dr. you chose.
Karen

----------------------------------------------------------
Posted by LOVE & LUCK (Member # 9504) on April 26, 2007 12:27 AM:

Like the others said it speaks for itself, but if I have anything to chime in about it is the fact that I had my TR surgery on April 18th 2006 and had my son on April 2nd 2007. In less then a year I have a beautiful baby in my arms. I think that is the most valid example I can give. Good luck whatever you choose, but Dr. B is the best choice.

----------------------------------------------------------
Posted by TheMzD (Member # 6500) on April 26, 2007 01:31 AM:

Thibgirl0028 - I may have a bit of different perspective. I had my TR with Dr B 9/29/04 - it was a wonderful experience, He is amazingly patient, gentle and kind. His staff are truly amazing, and supportive.

I however have not been pregnant. Not a single positive pregnancy test in all this time. There have been months when I've cried when my period starts, and months when I've been angry that we've done everything "right" and still no luck. I do not regret going to Dr Berger though - he gave me the best chance possible to get pregnant. And that is what this surgery is - a chance - so follow your heart, go with the doctor you feel is right for you.

I went with Dr Berger simply because he has the most experience, his techniques have been improved on over YEARS of doing this surgery daily. If your tubes can be repaired, go with the doctor who can give you the best chance possible.

Best wishes as you make your decision,
Kay

----------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Nancy Medical Secretary (Member # 4179) on April 26, 2007 08:58 AM:

Thibgirl0028,
I hope these ladies are helping you with your decision. We appreciate all the good things that everyone has to say about Dr. Berger. Please remember that we strive for excellance in the care of each patient, but it is still in God's hands in the end.
If you would like you could get a copy of your operative report from your tubal ligation and fax it to us at 919-967-8637 and one of our tubal nurses will get back with you after reviewing this report with Dr. Berger and advise you on your journey.

Remember there is no charge for this review. Hope to see you soon and wishing the best to you on your decision.
Nancy


----------------------------------------------------------
Posted by bridgetmillsaps (Member # 10654) on April 26, 2007 09:06 AM:

As an extremely discriminating and picky client, I can tell you that my experience with Dr. Berger and his staff was absolutely perfect. Even though it's surgery, it's the type of experience that makes you almost miss Chapel Hill after you are gone!

The staff is so cheerful and good-natured...the office is very nice...everyone put me completely at ease before, during, and after surgery. We felt so comfortable with the nurse who came to the Sheraton post-op to check on me. I just can't say enough. And to top it off, I got PG the month after my TR (on Valentine's Day!) and am expecting in December.

They are a class act. I'm SO glad I didn't go anywhere else. I give them an A+++++++++++++++++ rating...and you'll hear a lot of those types of comments on here. It's just an amazing place.

Good luck with your decision and best of luck.
Bridget (age 39)
TR 2-14-07
BFP 3-25-07
EDD 12-06-07
My tubes were 4.5 and 5.5

----------------------------------------------------------
Posted by apicolet (Member # 10776) on April 26, 2007 09:14 AM:

Seven years ago I look up getting a TR and prayed about it. I didn't have money at that time. But still look up stuff about Br.Berger and kept coming back to him. I talk to other doctor and there cost was alot more and you had to spend spent time in hosp.

I look to see if I could find anything bad on Dr.Berger and there was nothing. I got my TR 3/3/07 and the staff was wonderful and still are.
Hope this Helps.

----------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Eric'sGirl (Member # 10652) on April 26, 2007 09:45 AM:

First - it is your decision... you need to do what you feel in your heart is right for YOU. That being said...

In my opinion, there is NO OTHER DOCTOR! Dr. Berger beats the "competition" HANDS DOWN no matter what facet of TR you explore... Dr. B and his staff treat every woman like she is the only woman in the world.

Before surgery... even if you never make it there... they still do everything they can to answer questions, get the right information in front of you so that you may make an informed decision.

I haven't had mine yet... but I have seen nothing but RAVE REVIEWS for the amazing day you spend with Dr. B and the staff. After surgery... haven't found anything else that compares to the support from Dr. B and his staff - and all the women he has brought together.

Experience, cost, statistics, bed-side manner.... pick it... decide what criteria you want to use to judge the options on... Dr. Berger will come out on top EVERY TIME!

Best of luck to you. We are all here for you... whether you choose Dr. Berger or not.

Chrissy

----------------------------------------------------------
Posted by pam mills (Member # 617) on April 26, 2007 11:33 AM:

My heavens, thanks to all of you for such words of praise. I must say that working for Dr Berger is our privilige. Through his leadership and example we have become quite efficient at what we do. My goal is to give each and every patient an experience that feels safe, secure and caring. I want them to know that we are doing our very best to take care of them. Please feel free to call me if you have any questions or concerns about your anesthesia 919-968-0611.

Pam Mills, CRNA

----------------------------------------------------------
Posted by luv2have-snowbaby (Member # 10410) on April 26, 2007 11:44 AM:

I have to agree with everyone here. It's your choice. I was just like you. But all the signs pointed to Dr.B. I have not even meet him yet but, the nurses a wonderful to speak to. Very informational. I have an idea of what web site you are referring to. I too thought about the other Dr. But after speaking with my Ob/Gyn gave her both web sites she and her experience said Dr. B.

Now the Wikipedia thing if you check out this. I found this Googling around:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tubal_reversal

Hope it helps.
Angela VA

No comments: