Tubal Ligation Reversal

Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Patients Discuss Relief From PTLS

Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Message Board offers a forum for TR patients to discuss how TR has helped relieve the symptoms of Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome. Many patients notice relief even with the first menstrual cycle after TR. Often, patients note even greater improvements over time. Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center hosts a PTLS blog as well as information on the condition on their website.


This is topic Best period ever! in forum Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome on the Tubal Reversal Message Board:

Posted by Flutist29 (Member # 12785) on October 18, 2008 10:12 AM :
This seems strange to write about, but I can't help it! I had my TL on 1/10/05 and have had horrible, horrible periods ever since then. So many things changed in my life, I can't believe it. Anyways...I had TR surgery on 10/8 and am now going through my first period since the TR. It is amazing how much better I feel already. My DH said to me this morning, "WOW, your skin looks so much better." I have had basically no cramping and my right hip isn't killing me like it used to. My bleeding is actually at a normal flow! The only thing I could complain about if I wanted to was that I had a headache Thursday and Friday. That's it! I still can't believe! I should have had this surgery 3 years ago! I would have saved myself a bunch of pain and sorrow.

Posted by MS_LICIA (Member # 9456) on October 18, 2008 12:36 PM :
lol....good for you !!! I myself, have found relief in many ways after having my TR, so I'm w/ya !!!

Posted by justnotme (Member # 12842) on October 18, 2008 04:05 PM :
flutist29- thanks sooo much for posting this. I just got over a 7 day AF!!!ugh!!! I also get wicked pains shooting down my legs and lots of other PTLS symptoms. I'm scheduled for Oct 29th. I can't wait to report the same things. My and my DH were just talking earlier today that we sure hope and pray that this helps me. I can't help but feel so optimistic, which I am generally anyways, that this IS going work. Thanks again for even more hope for me and other women that this will erradiacate our PTLS!! So happy for you.

Posted by MOMZILLA (Member # 12256) on October 18, 2008 07:12 PM :
I have had one period after another since the TR that is better, less crampy, lighter and I no longer have that crazy flooding....I was even late this month and even though my cycle was longer..it was not heavier when it arrived...what a great relief it has been to have normal periods again...

Posted by momto10 (Member # 11808) on October 18, 2008 07:32 PM :
I know what you mean. My PTLS didn't go fully away until last month, 9 months post TR. I finally had a FULL cycle that was 100% normal!!! YEAH!!! Now time to get down to business, TCC.... LOL Gwen

Posted by Ericka Pamplin (Member # 1953) on October 19, 2008 12:00 PM:
It's always great to hear the relief of PTLS that our patients experience after having the tubal reversal. I'm sure your stories will be encouraging to others that are feeling the same way!

Dr. Monteith's Blog on PTLS (Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome)

No comments: